1 – 8 July 2017
16 – 23 September 2017
$2,300 Double Occupancy
$2,550 Single Occupancy
Private Bath: $110
This first in a core sequence of 3 classes introduces a method of analyzing and painting a landscape in one session. Our reference is the 18th and 19th century open air painting tradition which originated in Italy.
- Exercises and demonstrations to present approach and technique for painting quickly from direct observation
- Evening slide lectures on landscape history and technique reinforce daily painting experience
- Field trips to Palazzo Pubblico, Siena and Montalcino
- Open to all levels. This is our only program open to beginners and those with no previous plein painting experience.
Our Italian classes, each distinct in design and content, share the following features:
- Equipment (easels, palettes, umbrellas, chairs) and most materials (surfaces, brush tanks, solvents, paper towels) provided. Bring paint and brushes only!
- Painting on plein air only, RAIN or SHINE.
- Two painting sessions per day with two instructors
- Painting on isolated, private properties in pristine landscapes.
- All media welcome but our expertise is oil painting.
- Daily reviews of work. 12 student maximum.
- Gourmet lunches served on location.
- Fees include accommodations, meals, local transportation.
- Options for longer stays at reduced rates.