30 September – 7 October 2017
2-9 June 2018
29 September – 6 October 2018
$2,700 Double Occupancy
$2,950 Single Occupancy
All Rooms have a Private Bath
Join Maddine and Joe along historic itineraries of early open air painting where they can best share insights from their research into this important tradition. Paint motifs of the great masters Claude Lorrain, PH Valenciennes, JBC Corot, among many others, at Civita Castellana in this final class of our core program.
- Daily changes of painting motifs
- Three evening slide lectures provide historic context
- Direct transport into the landscape where you will paint in complete isolation on magnificent private properties
- Field trip to Palazzo Farnese, Caprarola
- Advanced artists only
Our Italian classes, each distinct in design and content, share the following features:
- Equipment (easels, palettes, umbrellas, chairs) and most materials (surfaces, brush tanks, solvents, paper towels) provided. Bring paint and brushes only!
- Painting on plein air only, RAIN or SHINE.
- Two painting sessions per day with two instructors
- Painting on isolated, private properties in pristine landscapes.
- All media welcome but our expertise is oil painting.
- Daily reviews of work. 12 student maximum.
- Gourmet lunches served on location.
- Fees include accommodations, meals, local transportation.
- Options for longer stays at reduced rates.