16 – 23 June 2018
NEW in 2018: Receive a 7% discount on fees for each person you bring to a workshop!
$2,500 Double Occupancy
$2,750 Single Occupancy
Private Bath: $110
Our second course focuses on the influential 18th century approach to landscape painting published by French artist Pierre Henri Valenciennes. Each day we focus on one component or “Element” of the landscape: fields and open spaces, trees and forests; clouds and skies; water, time and nocturnes.
- Morning slide shows present one element of the landscape as depicted by historical masters. Emphasis on painting technique.
- Minimal change of location allowing maximum painting time.
- Field trip to Murlo
- Intermediate to advanced artists
Our Italian classes, each distinct in design and content, share the following features:
- Equipment (easels, palettes, umbrellas, chairs) and most materials (surfaces, brush tanks, solvents, paper towels) provided. Bring paint and brushes only!
- Painting on plein air only, RAIN or SHINE.
- Two painting sessions per day with two instructors
- Painting on isolated, private properties in pristine landscapes.
- All media welcome but our expertise is oil painting.
- Daily reviews of work. 12 student maximum.
- Gourmet lunches served on location.
- Fees include accommodations, meals, local transportation.
- Options for longer stays at reduced rates.